It’s 2017. We’re halfway through January. And Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. It’s time to think about plans.
Last year, I was happily single and went to see Deadpool by myself in theatres. It was awesome and I loved how content I was.
But this year, I’m in a long-term, long-distance, and committed relationship (as I’ve been told to say) so I probably won’t be able to get away with going to the movie theatre alone this year.
I understand that everyone has a different relationship status so I created three separate lists to help spark some ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day this year. See below for inspiration!
For those who are killin’ it single style:
- Wine, cheese, and bread. Need I say more? Not sure if I even need to go on, but I promised you a list….
- Go to the theatre! See a chick flick, or a funny action movie. Make your own stove-popped popcorn and sneak it in (because movie theatre prices are absolutely ridiculous) and enjoy a date night to yourself. It’s fun, try it.
- Do that thing you’ve been wanting to do but keep putting off. Whether it’s cleaning out your closet (separate post to follow), or organizing your music library, the time is now. Or, shall I say, on February 14th.
- What you usually do on a Tuesday. Because Valentine’s Day should just be about showing your love to the special people in your life and it does not have to be about couples. Just send some nice texts or cards out to your loved ones and make yourself a nice homemade dinner. With wine, of course.
For those who have dates:
- Burgers! Go get a juicy burger and fries. You don’t have to break the bank! And then go home and give each other a nice massage, once you’ve digested. I suggest using a massage bar from Lush. They are absolutely divine.
- Light a fire – if you have a fireplace, or live somewhere where it’s warm enough to sit by a fire pit. Nothing much more romantic than sipping wine next to a fire in the Winter.
- Make a 3 or 4-course dinner together. You can each be responsible for different courses. But it’d be a good way to save money, have some fun, and keep it romantic.
For those who are also in long-term, long-distance, and committed relationships:
- Game night! Facetime and play games together online or on your phone. You could try a couple’s game. The internet has everything.
- Movie night. Facetime and try playing a new Netflix movie at the same time. I can’t tell you this would work out perfectly, but you could give it a try. And let me know how that one goes!
- Sexy time night. Facetime and well, you know. Please don’t tell me how this one goes. Best to keep that to yourself….
I hope you found a good idea or inspiration from one of these. But the most important thing is that you decide to do what you want to do and make it a good night to remember. Money? Relationship status? The most important thing is to have fun! It’s Valentine’s Day for crying out loud.
Let me know if you tried any of these suggestions and tell me how they worked for you. Comment below or write me on Twitter – @knackeredchaos!
Much Love and Happy Valentine’s Day!