Day 31 – 31 Day Blog Challenge
Ahhhh! Finally. The last day of the 31 Day Blog Challenge. And a challenge it was!! I am happy that I did it, but also happy that it is over. Blogging every day is not easy when you have a full time job and a very hectic life outside of that. It was crazy. And I was late on a lot of posts – sorry about that – but I do feel a lot better about my writing in general.
For the last day, I am supposed to write about the reasons why I blog, which is a fantastic way to wrap all of this up. Why do I do what I do?
The main reason, as most you know – or could have guessed – is because it gives me joy. I actually love thinking of new posts to write and have participated in so many more activities lately because of the blog. These last 4-5 months have been busy (and it’s only getting busier) but I have not felt like the blog is a burden at all. In fact, even though it adds some extra stress and chaos to my life, it’s been welcoming. I finally have a place to be creative.
One of the blog posts I had to write for the challenge was about my “dream job.” Which my answer was to be a full-time blogger. I would love to be able to devote all of my time to this blog. I’d definitely redesign the website as I’m not a huge fan as to how it looks right now. As soon as I move and get situated in London, it’s my plan to focus some time on the design. I’d also have more time to reach out to brands and other bloggers to develop relationships with them. I’d love to attend blogger events, which I know there are many in London. I’d also be able to devote much more time and research to my posts. I have a lot of serious topics and ideas sitting in my drafts right now and I would love to be able to get those published. I do love talking about fashion, beauty, food, and travel, but I also want to be able to write about the world and get honest hearty discussions going. It’s the best way to learn, in my opinion – which is one of the main reasons I love travelling so much. Meeting people from other cultures and talking to them about their experiences has been so liberating, interestingly enough.
Anyway, this post is supposed to be about why I blog, not about what I plan to do with it in the future. I’m just excited – forgive me!
I’ve decided to make a list of other reasons why I blog so read below to find out more.
- I blog because….. it’s given me the courage to take more steps outside the box (taking more pictures in public, engaging in more social activities and events, talking with fellow bloggers and getting to know their stories, etc.)
- I blog because….. I’ve definitely become more intelligent. I am reading more about the news and staying active in current events. I take every chance I get to learn more about the world around us. My horizons have expanded in regards to being tolerant to those in other cultures.
- I blog because….. it has helped me with the realization of what is truly important in my life. By blogging, I have been able to understand what my passions are. Therefore I know the difference between wanting and liking something versus needing something. And as much as I do love materialistic possessions, I most definitely do not need them. And I no longer treat them as a priority. Just an added bonus 🙂
- I blog because….. as I am moving out of the country, it will be a great way to keep my friends and family in the States apprised of my life abroad. They will have very easy access to what I am doing with my life. And as I am extremely honest with my blog, they will be able to see and read about the hardships as well.
- I blog because….. it makes me proud. I truly do feel proud of myself for what I have created so far. It may not be the best, and I know I have a long way to go, but I am seriously loving the ride. The internet community is so engaging and it can be a wonderful place. I’m just trying to enjoy what I’ve created thus far and always have my learning hat on so that I can continue to get better.
I hope all of you have enjoyed my posts so far. I am always open to feedback so if you don’t want to leave a comment below, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or using the Contact page on my blog. I would love to hear from you!
I do have a lot of plans for this blog in the future but I will have to ask you to be patient as it may take awhile longer before I can get back to devoting a large amount of time to it. I can not wait to move to London and write about my experiences as an expat. So weird. Yet soooooooo exciting!
Anyway, hope you all enjoyed the blog challenge and learned a lot of new things about me along the way. Stay tuned for many more exciting things to happen!