One of the last weekend’s of May, the boyfriend came to Michigan for a long weekend. It was my grandma’s 80th birthday party and my entire family was getting together to be with her. We had some extra time and I wanted to show D a little bit more of Michigan as he hasn’t seen too much. So we decided to go out to Grand Rapids for a night. A good friend of mine from college lives out there, so we met him and his girlfriend at a place called Stella’s Lounge.
I did some research before heading out to Grand Rapids and saw that Stella’s Lounge has been voted the best burger in Michigan. As I am a sucker for burgers and french fries, I knew we had to go here.
By the time D and I had gotten there, we had already drank a lot of beer (for him) and cider (for me). And we were starving. We ordered as soon as we could, and devoured our food. Although, I wanted to eat the entire burger, it was so big and the cider filled me up so much that I couldn’t actually eat it all. And then D went to the bathroom and put his napkin on his plate (which I thought was the sign for ‘I’m finished’) and I told the waiter he could take it away. Apparently he wasn’t done….. Oops!
But just look at this ginormous burger. It’s no wonder I couldn’t eat it all. But it was amazing. Even though I was decently drunk and probably would have eaten anything at this point, it was delicious. And I miss it terribly. Yes I am allowed to feel these things about food. Whatever.
Anyone ever been here? Comment below and let me know how you felt about these burgers. I’m interested in sober thoughts as well!
Hi guys, so yesterday I posted Day 10 (a day late). So today, I will be posting yesterday’s Day 11 and then today’s Day 12. You still with me?
Day 11’s topic is about 15 of my favorite things. And I like this because this week was so bad that I need one of two things: lots of alcohol and to think about the good things in my life. Therefore, I have made a list of my 15 favorite things:
- My boyfriend: my best friend and the love of my life. My life has simultaneously gotten much more difficult and infinitely better since I met him over a year ago. And every second has been worth it and will continue to be. Long-distance is not easy. We work really hard at our relationship and I know we’re stronger for it. He’s my absolute favorite thing about my day, my week, month, and year. Always.
- My family and friends. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I wouldn’t be where I am without the support and love of my family and friends. And I’m lucky to say that I truly love my family. We’ve got our issues (and boy, do we have many) but we all have one commonality: we love to drink and laugh. And my friends, well, same. We just get to say more inappropriate things and talk about things your family would never want to hear.
- Cosmo. No not the drink. Nor am I talking about space. I’m talking about the puppy that I will always claim to be mine because I can. My dad got her for my mom 8 years ago, and she’s actually the best dog on the planet. My dad took me with him to pick her up as a puppy. It was a surprise for everyone but I was the first one to hold her and play with her and feed her so that’s why she’s mine 😛 She brings everyone so much joy as she is just the most lovable creature, and has a forever puppy face. Even friends of mine who don’t like little dogs, or dogs in general, love her. You can’t help it.
- This blog. Since I launched this blog in January, I have become so much happier as a person. Knowing that I have a place to be creative and explore my abilities all on my own has been an amazing feeling. I have so many ideas and plans for the future of this blog and I can’t wait to share it all with you. These next few months will be insanely busy, but at the end of summer, I’ll have a lot more time and opportunity to devote to it.
- Travelling. I haven’t been to too many places yet, but my future will be full of new adventures. I never really appreciated travel until recently. And it makes me really sad that I’ve been to the Caribbean without really seeing it. Regardless, I know the importance of travel now and I can’t wait to find out where my future will take me!
- Food. I think you could say I’m a foodie. I used to be so unbelievably picky as a kid. I am so happy I grew out of that. I love going to new restaurants and trying new dishes. This is probably why I love New York so much. I eat really well there. Cooking on the other hand is a love/hate thing. I hate it because I never feel like I really have time to cook a full meal, I’m always so exhausted. When I had a lot more time, I always tried to make new recipes I saw online. And baking, ooooooooh. I love baking. Christmas time is my favorite because I’m always baking up something new.
- Shopping. I’ve always been a shopper and I’ve always loved spending money. This is something that’ll never change. Recently, I’ve become more interested in home decor and get excited about kitchen utensils and organization boxes. Being an adult is weird.
- Beauty Days. Have you ever had a day where you’ve gotten a massage, your nails done, hair done, eyebrows waxed, eyelashes done, makeup done, etc? These days are amazing. Not only do you feel like a princess, but being pampered can truly have wonderful effects on your mood and stress levels. At least for me. Every once in awhile, I like to treat myself to a nice day of getting put together.
- Reading a good book. This is one of my favorite things about winter because I am just constantly in the mood for sitting by a fire and diving into a good book. This year, I’ve made it a mission to spend more of my free time reading versus watching TV and movies. Having the Knackered Book Club Blog Series has helped keep me accountable to this as well. But I’ve always loved reading, it’s one of my favorite activities.
- Scenic drinks with people on a nice summer day. Ok so this one is pretty specific. But I love going somewhere with friends or family or the boyfriend and just having some drinks and a good time. Think: a rooftop in NYC, high rise in London, boat on a lake, a beach bar, etc. Just some simple chatter, alcohol, and laughter. Honestly, I could be so happy with that.
- Autumn. It’s my absolute favorite season. I love the pretty colors, pumpkin everything, flannels, oversized sweaters, bonfires, etc. I love everything about it. It doesn’t hurt that my birthday and second favorite holiday (Thanksgiving) falls in Autumn. It’s just all around a good time.
- Laughter. I came out of the womb giggling. I’ve always loved laughing and I laugh at everything. Luckily enough, D and I have the exact same twisted sense of humor, which is actually one of the main reasons our relationship works so well. We spend all our time laughing together and we both consider it a personal win if we make the other one laugh really hard. I’m surprised we haven’t been approached for our own television show yet. All in good time, though.
- French fries. This gets its own line item because they’re they best food ever and they deserve it. I don’t know what it is about potatoes that I like so much, but I do. In any style, except sweet. Sweet potatoes are gross.
- Helping people. I love being able to give advice to people. I always have. Once upon a time, I wanted to have an advice column, but never did. Maybe another day…
- Babies! I don’t necessarily have “baby fever” as I need to enjoy life with the boyfriend for a couple years before spitting some children out. But I do love that I am at the age where our friends and family members are all having children so I can have access to babies to play with. They’re so cute and sweet and fun. And man, do I miss being a nanny! So if you have a baby and want a babysitter, I am actually volunteering. You can pay me in Prosecco, or food.
This list was actually quite hard to write as I’ve been in such a negative head space this week. It was definitely needed though. 🙂
Any of you have any of the same favorites as me? Comment below!